Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Judith Miller goes to jail for keeping her sources confidential.

It is heroic and dangerous at the same time. Heroic because Judith Miller delivered information we needed. Dangerous because others may be reluctant to try the same. I do hope this results in bringing attention to the mistreatment of an honorable reporter.

Matthew Cooper's source apparently contacted him and let him know that he could reveal his/her name. Why didn't Miller's source do the right thing as well? How many sources are involved?

In any case, when someone goes to jail for finding out information and reporting it, then that person is a hero.

____===____

I know this is a completely different topic, but I was thinking about this before the Miller news broke. Maybe today's question is, "What is a hero?"

I'm curious about Lance Armstrong's politics.

I mean, clearly Mr. Armstrong is a high-profile hero, what with doing automobile commercials, having a famous girlfriend, and, oh yeah, being hell on wheels. He also has a great name for a hero. But what does he believe in?

Anybody have the inside skinny on Lance Armstrong's political views? Does he support Bono?

I know he's from Texas, but that's a big place with all sorts of people.

I ask because I'm new to this whole Armstrong thing. I don't have a yellow bracelet. I don't shave my legs. I don't clog up roads with my bicycle. But I do think he's an important popular figure, and I better learn more about him before he wins another Tour de France.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks good

7/08/2005 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home